ECB Coach Development supports the development of coaches at all levels of the game, to ensure they’re able to provide players with the best possible experience of playing cricket and the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding of the game to help them fulfil their potential.
The ECB offers a range of world-leading learning experiences and qualifications to suit people coaching at all levels of the game, from those volunteering at their local club to professional coaches working in an elite, international environment.
All of the courses are designed around the players you work with and their stage of development.
Course details and booking links for our 2023/24 programme can all be found below.
New dates tbc.
Clubs outside the Southampton/Portsmouth unitary authority areas may wish to contact their borough/district council Sports Development Officers or equivalent as some areas may also run their own schemes and/or be aware of other local funding sources.
Coaching is a challenging and enormously rewarding role within our game. Players need expertise, support and passion at every level of their development.
No matter whether you’re putting something back into the game you love, progressing your career, helping out at your local club, or simply providing more support to your child, there is a reason for everyone to get involved in cricket coaching.
If you or someone you know is thinking of joining the coaching family click here to find out which programme is right for you.
Bursaries funded by the generous support provided by Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group Limited to the England and Wales Cricket Trust are intended to increase the diversity of learners taking their first step into coaching, gaining a qualification or taking the next step on their coach development journey.
Groups that have been identified to increase the diversity of learners accessing coach development programmes are:
A bursary can be awarded to learners that register on ECB Support Coach, ECB Foundation Coach or ECB Core Coach programmes between 1st February 2023 and 31st January 2024.
Anyone wanting to access coach development that is experiencing financial hardship will be awarded a bursary of up to 100% of the national price of the programme.
Once an applicant receives confirmation they will need complete their programme registration using a discount code to redeem their bursary.
Anyone wanting to access coach development that is female, from an ethnically diverse community, has a disability who is not experiencing financial hardship will be awarded a bursary of up to 75% of the national price of the programme.
Once an applicant receives confirmation they will need to complete their programme registration and make full payment and competence receive a refund to redeem their bursary.
Please note if you are experiencing financial hardship and applying for a bursary you will need a discount code to complete your ECB Support Coach/ECB Foundation Coach/ECB Core Coach registration.
The modules below include a core module named 'Safeguarding for Specialist Roles in Cricket'. This accounts for 80% of the course completion and the remaining 20% is based on accessing the most applicable bolt-on module below (individual's are welcome to access all modules if they wish).
Coach Support Workers and coaches working with players under 18 (as at 1st September of the preceding year) must obtain or renew an ECB Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate every three years.
The learner should contact their Club Safeguarding Officer (CSO) who should be able to complete the process alongside them. If the club doesn’t have a CSO, please contact click here to contact County Safeguarding Officer John Cook.
Coaches working with players under 18 (as at 1st September of the preceding year) must obtain or renew a three-hour essential first aid qualification every three years.
Course dates for 2023/24 are currently being confirmed and will be published here.
Coaches' activity must be covered by club and / or individual insurance.
For details of the insurance cover (and a host of other benefits) provided by the ECB Coaches Association please visit the ECB website.