There are some great free and low cost courses if you have some time on your hands, particularly for players who take their turn in the middle for 5 to 10 over stints during matches.
Send your completion certificates to HCB.Admin@ageasbowl.com - we will publish and update a club league table!
Umpiring and Scoring - cash for your club
ECB Association of Cricket Officials has created a range of free online courses for aspiring umpires and scorers. The courses are a great way for people to use the current downtime to learn a new skill or brush up on their knowledge.
- Umpiring Project: Please click here to find out how your club can earn cash in return for members taking free online basic or stage 1 umpiring courses leading to qualifications
- Basics of Scoring: This course is designed to provide all the skills needed to start scoring. The course covers the basics of scoring a game of cricket such as scoring symbols, umpire signals, dismissals and gives a helpful overview of the laws of the game. Book now here.
Please, please check the third tickbox when registering as the Hampshire Association of Cricket Officials (#HantsACO) would love to stay in touch once you've completed your training.
The GMA (Grounds Management Association, formerly the IoG - Institute of Groundsmanship) has launched its first ever online course, at a cost of just £25!
Please click here for more information and for details of our fantastic incentives to join the GMA.
Social Media Workshops
Digital skills are more important than ever. Google Digital Garage workshops are free and are suitable for any club who would like support in boosting their marketing efforts. The workshops aim to help you develop your cricket offering, whether that’s your women and girls section, your junior cricket sections, your volunteer recruitment or your disability cricket offering. With support of Google Digital Garage we will be able to provide workshops in a virtual format very shortly focussing on:
Digital Marketing Strategy
- Learn how digital marketing channels are used to help businesses grow
- Learn how to structure a practical digital marketing plan for a small businesses
- How to measure a marketing plan and its success
Get started with Digital Advertising
- Understand search advertising
- Utilise display advertising
- Grasp social advertising
To register, please click here - ECB will contact you with details of the virtual events. In the meantime why not check out our 20-minute social media webinars with cricket development managers Rob Pfeiffer and Simon Jones.
We recognise that there is a nervousness from clubs that they may lose contact with their club members during this time and we want to do everything we can to help keep cricket at the forefront of our minds.
- Click here to register (we’d encourage you to opt in to marketing communications so we can continue to communicate with you while there is no cricket.
- Click here to see the types of communications we are sharing.
ECB Learning Pages
iCoach Cricket | You're The Umpire | The Laws of the game | The winning mindset | Looking after the green stuff | Sky Masterclasses | BBC Get Inspired | Stay At Home with the England cricketers | Google Digital Garage | Together Through This Test