Version 4. Published 17th August 2018.
The term 'The Ageas Bowl' incorporates all legal entities and services under the public limited company 'RB Sports & Leisure Holdings PLC’ of Botley Road, West End, Southampton, Hampshire, SO30 3XH.
This scope of this main policy covers our website and main marketing activities.
Who collects my personal data?
The website vendor, on behalf of The Ageas Bowl.
- This website is developed and maintained by Adido (legal entity: Adido Limited), a UK-based agency
- The Ageas Bowl have defined what personal information is collected via this website, through choices of enquiry & mailing list form fields and usage analytic tools and cookies
- If you join our mailing list, then your name and email will also be passed to our UK-based marketing agency
- Therefore, under the definitions of the current Data Protection Laws*:
- The Ageas Bowl are a Data Controller
- Our website and marketing agencies Data Processors
* Data Protection Act 2018 (UK-only) and the General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR, EU-wide)
What personal information do you collect and why?
Your IP address, plus name and contact information if provided
1) Information collected via your interactions with our website
- For all web forms you submit, your first name, last name and email address will be collected to:
- Help identify you and respond to your enquiry
- Add you to our mailing lists and to personalise your marketing communications, but only if you provided consent via the website for this purpose
- For specific enquiry web forms, we may also ask for your:
- Contact number, to respond to your enquiry
- Company, to effectively direct business enquiries
- Postcode, to understand your proximity to the venue
- Date of birth, to understand your age category (e.g. golf competitions and cricket memberships)
- Unless opt-in consent has been provided for the marketing purposes described above, then your personal information is collected under the lawful basis of legitimate interest
2) Information collected via your interactions with our staff
If we communicate with you via phone, email or SMS, then any personal information you provide to us (typically name, contact details and company if relevant) will be processed by our staff for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry or purchase, which is in our shared legitimate interests
Will you use my personal information for any other purposes?
Yes, for relevant marketing
- If you have purchased a service, like a cricket membership or ticket, within the last two years, then we may use your contact details to inform you about other future events or special offers, which are relevant to that service only
- This applies whether you purchased goods or services online, over the phone or in-person at the venue
- As a recent customer of a service, we have judged that such relevant communications will be in your best interests (i.e. the lawful basis for this purpose, under the Data Protection Laws, is ‘legitimate interest’)
- For all other marketing activities relating to the different facilities and events here at The Ageas Bowl for which you are not yet a customer, we will gain your explicit opt-in consent
- Your personal information will be profiled in order to personalise our marketing communications so that they match your interest(s)
- If you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, then you will always be able to opt-out, or unsubscribe
Do you collect child data?
- As mentioned above, we are legitimately tracking IP addresses for all site visitors. Whilst persons aged 13 or under (definition of a child under the current Data Protection Laws) may of course visit our website, we are not by default collecting any other information that could determine your age or personally identify you, unless you choose to provide this information via one of our forms
- Our website mailing list and enquiry forms are intended to be completed for purposes that only a person aged 14 or over would be interested in
Where is my personal data stored?
Predominantly in the EU.
- For any personal data submitted via our website forms, your personal information will only be stored in secure data centers within the European Union
- With the ECB tracking cookie, your IP address will only be transferred to a database hosted in the UK that is managed by their marketing agency
- The only scenario where you personal data may leave the European Economic Area (EEA) is for Google Analytics, which is just tracking your IP address. Google services utilise worldwide data centers, but the appropriate data security & privacy legal frameworks are in place. For more information, please read their main company policy: https://policies.google.com/privacy#enforcement
- If we communicate with you via phone, email or SMS, then any personal information you provide to us will be stored on our on-premise servers, when managing your enquiry or purchase
Is my personal data shared with any other third parties?
Yes, with our marketing agency - but only if you opt-in.
- For new users that have consented to receive marketing, your personal information will be sent securely to our marketing agency, to be included within The Ageas Bowl marketing database that they manage. This database is stored within the UK
- Our marketing agency are purely acting as a Data Processor, for specific marketing purposes defined by us here at The Ageas Bowl (as the Data Controller)
- Our marketing agency do utilise 3rd party systems and suppliers to fulfil their services for The Ageas Bowl. But they won’t pass your personal information onto third parties for any other purpose and your personal data will never leave the EU
- If you have opted into receiving marketing from The Ageas Bowl, then we may email you special offers on a club sponsor’s or partner’s behalf - but we never actually share your personal information with them
- Should a Data Processor's services no longer be required, they will be instructed to either hand all personal data back to The Ageas Bowl, or securely erase it
- The Ageas Bowl reserve the right to share aggregated, anonymous customer statistics (which will never include your actual personal information) with the England Cricket Board, Hampshire Cricket Board and other 3rd parties
- The only exception to this policy are situations where we are legally obliged to disclose or share your personal information with 3rd parties for unforeseen purposes. For example, the Police request access to our CCTV recordings
Are you keeping my personal information secure?
- This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information
- You will notice this website has a secure https:// address (URL). This means that a SSL certificate is in place so that if you submit any data via the website, then your information is encrypted whilst it is being transmitted to the applicable database or email server
- We do everything in our power to protect your personal data held in our premises as well
- Access to your personal data is restricted in our premises by being stored in keycode-entry offices and password-protected devices
- Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer services) are granted access to personally identifiable information
- If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do you keep my personal information for?
For up to 15 years since your last purchase
- Your personal data will be held in the applicable customer database (e.g. TicketMaster) for 5 years since your last purchase
- Once the 5 years has elapsed without a further purchase from you then:
- Your personal data will be erased from the customer database within a year
- You will automatically become "opted-out" in the marketing database, so that you no longer receive such communications
- We will retain your personal data in the opted-out state for a further 10 years, in order to:
- Ensure that you don't appear on the active marketing list again (unless you actually make a new purchase, or sign up for our mailing list)
- Evaluate marketing campaign effectiveness and customer acquisition rates
- After being opted-out for 10 years, then your profile will automatically become either deleted or anonymised, so that your personal data is completely removed from all of our systems
- If you have specifically opted into marketing, joined our mailing list or have purchased a business service, such as corporate hospitality, then your personal data may remain in use for a period longer than 15 years (unless you opt-out)