Privacy Notice for Cricket Coaching Courses
Version 1. Published 20th July 2018.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you on how your personal data is used by us here at The Ageas Bowl for when you enrol your child(ren) or yourself onto one of our cricket coaching courses via our website: https://www.ageasbowl.com/cricket/coaching/.
Who collects my personal data?
The course booking system vendor, on behalf of The Ageas Bowl.
When you complete one of our coaching course signup forms online, then the submitted information - including personal data - will be captured by our booking system. This booking and payment system is provided by Participant UK (legal entity: Participant UK Ltd).
Participant UK’s technology is capturing the information you submit here, under the direction of The Ageas Bowl. The Ageas Bowl has defined what personal data is captured during the sign-in process and how it gets used.
Therefore, under the definitions of the current Data Protection Laws*:
- The Ageas Bowl are a Data Controller
- Participant UK are also a Data Controller
This makes The Ageas Bowl and Participant UK Joint Controllers, but you should only contact The Ageas Bowl for any queries or concerns relating to this privacy notice.
* Data Protection Act 2018 (UK-only) and the General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR, EU-wide)
What personal information do you collect and why?
Basic personal data, contact details and some health information.
The following fields of personal information will be collected when you submit a course registration form.
- Your child’s first name, last name and date of birth, in order to:
- Enrol your child onto the course
- Ensure your child is of the right age range for the course
- Identify your child during the course
- Your child’s health and allergy information and home address in order to comply with our legal obligations under safeguarding laws
- Processing of this health information is necessary to protect your child’s vital interests, in the unlikely event of a medical emergency
- Your name, email address and phone number as the parent, in order to:
- Process your order
- Get in touch if we have a query
- Ensure we have an emergency contact
- Gain parental consent to process your child’s data
- Add you (not your child) to our mailing lists and to personalise your marketing communications, but only if you provided “opt-in” consent for this purpose
- Your bank card details in order to process your payment
Unless specified above as legal obligation or consent, then all of this personal information is collected under a contractual lawful basis, when you agree to the terms & conditions to submit the form.
- Within their terms & conditions, Participant UK also reserve the contractual right, to use this personal information for their own internal business and marketing purposes
Do you collect child data?
Many of our courses are designed for participants aged 13 or under (definition of a child under the current Data Protection Laws).
Where is my personal data stored?
The Participant UK system’s databases are hosted in Norway, within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Is my personal data shared with any other third parties?
Yes, with our contracted coaches and, if you opt-in, our marketing agency.
- Your child’s personal data, including health and allergies information, will need to be shared with our externally contracted coaches, in order to:
- Look after your child’s welfare
- Provide the coaching service effectively
- Our coaches will not use or share your child’s personal data for any other purpose
- Your child’s personal data will never be used or shared for any marketing purposes
- Your bank card details will never be shared by Participant UK with any third parties, including The Ageas Bowl
- For parents that have consented to receive marketing, your personal information will be sent securely to our marketing agency, to be included within The Ageas Bowl marketing database that they manage. This database is stored within the UK
- Our marketing agency are purely acting as a Data Processor, for specific marketing purposes defined by us here at The Ageas Bowl (as the Data Controller)
- Our marketing agency do utilise 3rd party systems and suppliers to fulfil their services for The Ageas Bowl. But they won’t pass your personal information onto third parties for any other purpose and your personal data will never leave the EEA
How long do you keep my personal information for?
For 6 years.
- Your personal data will be held in the Participant UK database for 6 years in order to comply with local tax laws
- Once the 6 years has elapsed, then your personal data may be either deleted or archived by Participant UK
- If you have opted into marketing, then your personal data may remain in use for a period longer than 6 years (unless you opt-out)
- We are currently in the process of defining how long we keep personal data for marketing purposes and will be providing more details shortly
How can I get in touch regarding this privacy notice?