Privacy Notice for Tickets & Memberships
Version 1. Published 30th July 2018.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you on how your personal data is used by us here at The Ageas Bowl for when you purchase a matchday or public event ticket, match passports or cricket club membership.
Who collects my personal data?
TicketMaster, on behalf of The Ageas Bowl and our ticket office staff.
When you purchase one of our tickets or passports online, then the submitted information - including personal data - will be captured by our ticket sales system. This booking and payment system is provided by TicketMaster (legal entity: Ticketmaster UK Limited).
If you purchase a ticket, passport or membership via our ticket office, then your personal data will be entered into the same TicketMaster system by the member of staff.
Therefore, under the definitions of the current Data Protection Laws*:
- The Ageas Bowl are a Data Controller
- TicketMaster are also a Data Controller
This makes The Ageas Bowl and TicketMaster Joint Controllers, but you should only contact The Ageas Bowl for any queries or concerns relating to this privacy notice.
* Data Protection Act 2018 (UK-only) and the General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR, EU-wide)
What personal information do you collect and why?
Basic personal data, contact details and payment details.
The following fields of personal information will be collected when you purchase a ticket, passport or membership.
- Your title, first name, last name and date of birth, in order to:
- Create a TicketMaster / Membership account
- Identify your age range and suitability for the selected product
- Print your name on your ticket(s) or pass(es)
- Personalise your markting preferences
- Your email address, in order to:
- Create a TicketMaster account
- Provide the service, such as email confirmations and password resets
- Email you news & special offers from The Ageas Bowl
- Your address and phone number, in order to:
- Process your order
- Send you tickets via post, where applicable
- Get in touch if we have a query or service announcement
- Post or text you news & special offers from The Ageas Bowl, but only if you provide opt-in marketing consent for these contact methods
- Your payment card or bank details in order to process your payment
- Registering a TicketMaster account online
- Purchasing a ticket, passport or Hampshire Cricket membership via our ticket office
Do you collect child data?
Yes, for our Zooters child memberships
- When a parent purchases a Zooters season ticket for a child (17 or under), we will collect the child's name and age in order to personalise their membership badge and welcome pack
- We will seek explicit consent from the parent or legal guardian to process their child's details, in addition to the parent's acceptance of the membership terms and conditions
- Under no circumstances will we send marketing communications to our child members
Where is my personal data stored?
Globally located data centers
- TicketMaster UK's systems utilise cloud computing technologies, so your data may be transferred to locations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
- TicketMaster do have appropriate legal safeguards in place for these international data transfers, such as EU-US Privacy Shield
Is my personal data shared with any other third parties?
Yes, with our marketing agency.
- For customers that have consented to receive marketing, your personal information will be sent securely to our marketing agency, to be included within The Ageas Bowl marketing database that they manage. This database is stored within the UK
- Our marketing agency are purely acting as a Data Processor, for specific marketing purposes defined by us here at The Ageas Bowl (as the Data Controller)
- Our marketing agency do utilise 3rd party systems and suppliers to fulfil their services for The Ageas Bowl. But they won’t pass your personal information onto third parties for any other purpose and your personal data will never leave the EEA
How long do you keep my personal information for?
For up to 15 years since your last purchase.
- Your personal data will be held in the TicketMaster database for 5 years since your last purchase
- Once the 5 years has elapsed without a further purchase from you then:
- Your personal data will be erased from the TicketMaster database within a year
- You will automatically become "opted-out" in the marketing database, so that you no longer receive such communications
- We will retain your personal data in the opted-out state for a further 10 years, in order to:
- Ensure that you don't appear on the active marketing list again (unless you actually make a new purchase, or sign up for our mailing list)
- Evaluate marketing campaign effectiveness and customer acquisition rates
- After being opted-out for 10 years, then your profile will automatically become either deleted or anonymised, so that your personal data is completely removed from all of our systems
- If you have specifically opted into marketing, joined our mailing list or have purchased an additional business service such as corporate hospitality, then your personal data may remain in use for a period longer than 15 years (unless you opt-out)
How can I get in touch regarding this privacy notice?