Privacy Notice for the Venue Wi-Fi
Version 4. Published 22nd June 2021.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you on how your personal data is used by us here at The Ageas Bowl when you sign up to use the venue’s free Wi-Fi.
Who collects my personal data?
The Wi-Fi sign-up form vendor, on behalf of The Ageas Bowl.
When you connect to the “Ageas Bowl”, you will be redirected to a sign-in page. This sign-in technology is provided by Aislelabs.
Even though Aislelabs’ technology is capturing the information you submit here, they are doing so under the direction of The Ageas Bowl (legal entity: RB Sports & Leisure Ltd). The Ageas Bowl has defined what personal data is captured during the sign-in process and how it gets used.
Therefore, under the definitions of the current Data Protection Laws*:
- The Ageas Bowl are a Data Controller
- Aislelabs are a Data Processor
You should only contact The Ageas Bowl for any queries or concerns relating to this privacy notice.
* Data Protection Act 2018 (UK-only) and the General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR, EU-wide)
What personal information do you collect and why?
Basic personal data, contact details and device MAC address, for the purposes described below.
The following fields of personal information will be collected when you register an "Ageas Bowl" Wi-Fi profile.
- Your device's MAC (Media Access Control) address is processed under the lawful basis of legitimate interest, in order to:
- Facilitate the service and simplify returning visits by you
- Run analytics to improve the wireless coverage, service and venue design to further enhance your experience
- Your email address, in order to:
- Help determine that children aged 13 or under are not using this service
- Keep you up to speed of news & special offers from The Ageas Bowl via email, of which you can opt out at any time
- Your first, last name, date of birth, gender, location and contact number in order to:
- To help determine that children aged 13 or under are not using this service
- Identify your age range and suitability for the selected service
- To determine distance travelled to the venue
- To help understand diversity at the venue
- To help understand if you’ve visited the venue before
Aislelabs will never share your MAC address with The Ageas Bowl, or any other third party.
Your basic contact information and device MAC address is collected for the sole purposes defined above under the lawful basis of contract, referring to your acceptance of the terms of service during registration.
Do you collect child data?
If you sign-up to this service and are aged 13 or under, then you are in breach of our terms & conditions. You will need a parent or guardian to enter their email address and complete signup instead.
Where is my personal data stored?
In the EU only.
- Once the sign-up form is submitted, your personal information will be stored in a Aislelabs cloud-hosted database within the EU
- Data is periodically sent automatically to our data & insights agency, held within the UK
Is my personal data shared with any other third parties?
Yes, with our marketing agency.
- Your personal information will be sent securely to our data & insights agency, to be included within The Ageas Bowl database that they manage. This database is stored within the UK
- Our data & insights agency are purely acting as a Data Processor, for specific marketing purposes defined by us here at The Ageas Bowl (as the Data Controller)
- Our data & insights agency do utilise 3rd party systems and suppliers to fulfil their services for The Ageas Bowl. But they won’t pass your personal information onto third parties for any other purpose and your personal data will never leave the EEA
- It's possible we'll email you special offers on a club sponsor’s or partner’s behalf - but we never actually share your personal information with them.
How long do you keep my personal information for?
For up to 15 years since you last connect to our Wi-Fi.
- Your personal data will be held in an opted-in state in our database for 5 years since your last Wi-Fi connection date
- Once the 5 years has elapsed without a further connection from you then you will automatically become "opted-out" in the marketing database, so that you no longer receive such communications
- We will retain your personal data in the opted-out state for a further 10 years, in order to:
- Ensure that you don't appear on the active marketing list again (unless you actually connect again, make a new purchase such as ticket, or sign up for our mailing list)
- Evaluate marketing campaign effectiveness and customer acquisition rates
- After being opted-out for 10 years, then your profile will automatically become either deleted or anonymised, so that your personal data is completely removed from all of our systems
- If you are on our marketing database for another reason (e.g. current/recent member, opted in via another service, joined our mailing list or purchased a business service such as corporate hospitality), then your personal data may remain in use for a period longer than 15 years (unless you opt-out)
In regards to Aislelabs:
- If you DO complete signup, then their systems will store your device MAC address, first name, last name, date of birth, telephone number, gender, location and submitted email address for one year and a day. When this time elapses, your personal information will be automatically deleted.
- If you DON’T complete signup, then only your device (MAC) address will be held for up to 5 hours from the time you disconnect from the service. Without the MAC address, Aislelabs are technically unable to provide the service.
Yes, after signup.
- The signup page and Aislelabs’ systems do not create any type of cookies on your device
- However, after successful signup, you will be redirected to a landing page hosted on ageasbowl.com
- This webpage will create a cookie that tracks your IP address
How can I get in touch regarding this privacy notice?