Privacy Notice for the Venue Wi-Fi
Version 3. Published 24th August 2018.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you on how your personal data is used by us here at The Ageas Bowl when you sign up to use the free venue Wi-Fi.
Who collects my personal data?
The Wi-Fi sign-up form vendor, on behalf of The Ageas Bowl.
When you connect to the “Ageas Bowl Public Network”, you will be redirected to a sign-in page. This sign-in technology is provided by Yo Wireless (legal entity: Yo Wireless Global Ltd).
Even though Yo Wireless’s technology is capturing the information you submit here, they are doing so under the direction of The Ageas Bowl (legal entity: RB Sports & Leisure Ltd). The Ageas Bowl has defined what personal data is captured during the sign-in process and how it gets used.
Therefore, under the definitions of the current Data Protection Laws*:
- The Ageas Bowl are a Data Controller
- Yo Wireless are a Data Processor
You should only contact The Ageas Bowl for any queries or concerns relating to this privacy notice.
* Data Protection Act 2018 (UK-only) and the General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR, EU-wide)
What personal information do you collect and why?
Your email address and device MAC address, for the purposes described below.
The following fields of personal information will be collected when you register an "Ageas Bowl" Wi-Fi profile.
- Your device's MAC (Media Access Control) address is processed under the lawful basis of legimitate interest, in order to:
- Facilitate the service and simplify returning visits by you
- Run analytics to improve the wireless coverage, service and venue design to further enhance your experience
- Your email address, in order to:
- Help determine that children aged 13 or under are not using this service
- Email you news & special offers from The Ageas Bowl, of which you can opt out at any time
Yo Wireless will never share your MAC address with The Ageas Bowl, or any other third party.
Your email address and device MAC address is collected for the sole purposes defined above under the lawful basis of contract, referring to your acceptance of the terms of service during registration.
Do you collect child data?
If you sign-up to this service and are aged 13 or under, then you are in breach of our terms & conditions. You will need a parent or guardian to enter their email address and complete signup instead.
Where is my personal data stored?
In the EU only.
- Once the sign-up form is submitted, your personal information will be stored in a Yo Wireless cloud-hosted database within the EU
- The Ageas Bowl will then take an extract of this data periodically and store a copy on our on-premise servers
Is my personal data shared with any other third parties?
Yes, with our marketing agency.
- Your personal information will be sent securely (via a SFTP folder) to our marketing agency, to be included within The Ageas Bowl marketing database that they manage. Again this database is stored within the UK
- Our marketing agency are purely acting as a Data Processor, for specific marketing purposes defined by us here at The Ageas Bowl (as the Data Controller)
- Our marketing agency do utilise 3rd party systems and suppliers to fulfil their services for The Ageas Bowl. But they won’t pass your personal information onto third parties for any other purpose and your personal data will never leave the EU
- It's possible we'll email you special offers on a club sponsor’s or partner’s behalf - but we never actually share your personal information with them.
How long do you keep my personal information for?
For up to 15 years since you last connect to our Wi-Fi.
- Your personal data will be held in an opted-in state in our database for 5 years since your last Wi-Fi connection date
- Once the 5 years has elapsed without a further connection from you then you will automatically become "opted-out" in the marketing database, so that you no longer receive such communications
- We will retain your personal data in the opted-out state for a further 10 years, in order to:
- Ensure that you don't appear on the active marketing list again (unless you actually connect again, make a new purchase such as ticket, or sign up for our mailing list)
- Evaluate marketing campaign effectiveness and customer acquisition rates
- After being opted-out for 10 years, then your profile will automatically become either deleted or anonymised, so that your personal data is completely removed from all of our systems
- If you are on our marketing database for another reason (e.g. current/recent member, opted in via another service, joined our mailing list or purchased a business service such as corporate hospitality), then your personal data may remain in use for a period longer than 15 years (unless you opt-out)
In regards to Yo Wireless:
- If you DO complete signup, then their systems will stored your device MAC address, name and submitted email address for one year and a day. When this time elapses, your personal information will be automatically deleted.
- If you DON’T complete signup, then only your device (MAC) address will be held for up to 5 hours from the time you disconnect from the service. Without the MAC address, Yo Wireless are technically unable to provide the service.
Yes, after signup.
- The signup page and Yo Wireless’s systems do not create any type of cookies on your device
- However, after successful signup, you will be redirected to a landing page hosted on ageasbowl.com
- This webpage will create a cookie that tracks your IP address
How can I get in touch regarding this privacy notice?