The term 'The Ageas Bowl' incorporates all legal entities and services under the public limited company 'RB Sports & Leisure Holdings PLC’ of Botley Road, West End, Southampton, Hampshire, SO30 3XH.
If you are directed to different websites for certain services, such as TicketMaster or the Hilton reservation system, then these 3rd party websites will have their own privacy and cookie policies for which The Ageas Bowl is not the data controller and holds no responsibility.
What are cookies?
Small storage files created by websites
- Many websites create cookies in your internet browser history to store information about you, your interactions and/or your device
- They are often used as a mechanism for websites to remember things that a website browser has done there in the past, for example, clicking on particular buttons, logging in, or remembering pages read on that site months or years ago
- Cookies are specific to one internet browser on your device only
To improve your experience and to tailor your marketing
- Our cookies are also used to enable us to develop our website to reflect our fans and customers interests by noting who has seen which pages and advertisements, how frequently particular pages are visited and determining the most popular areas of our website
- These cookies are all set by our web domain (ageasbowl.com), so are referred to as ‘first-party’ cookies
- Typically, these cookies will generate a random, unique number to store this information about you
What cookies are being created?
1) Strictly necessary cookies
- No cookies are absolutely required for the successful operation of our website
- However, our 3rd party partner’s sites may rely on necessary cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of their website, use the shopping cart feature when buying match tickets, etc
- So if you disable/block cookies, then you may not be able to complete some activities that are key to The Ageas Bowl experience, like buying tickets or making a reservation
2) Analytical/performance cookies
- These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our website when they are using it
- This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily
- Our analytical cookies are created by Google Analytics
3) Functional Cookies
- These are used to improve the functional performance of the website and make it easier for you to use
4) Tracking & targeting cookies
- These cookies record your visit to our website and your browsing habits, such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed
- They are used to deliver advertising which is more relevant to your interests and also may be used to limit the number of times that you see an advertisement.
- They may be placed by us or by advertising networks with our permission.
- See section below for more details
By continuing to use our website without choosing to delete/block cookies, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Do any of your cookies track my personal information?
Yes, your device’s IP address
- An IP address is a identifying number of an internet/network connected device and is now classed as personal information under the current Data Protection Laws
- Your IP address is tracked in cookies for:
- Google Analytics, to enable more accurate statistics on the geo-location of site visitors
- The ECB, to ensure you receive appropriate information and do not receive multiple communications about the same thing (such as ticketing offers) from different cricket-related organisations
- Our use of IP address-tracking cookies is made transparent at the top of all pages for new visitors, via a cookie information banner
- We collect IP addresses under the lawful basis of legitimate interest
Can I stop your website from creating cookies?
Yes, but we advise not to block them completely
- You can manage cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies
- Please refer to the instructions or the online help files available via your relevant browser if you wish to manage cookies in this way
- Alternatively, please visit allaboutcookies.org for further information
- To manage cookies relating to targeted advertising activities, you can visit youronlinechoices.com
- To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you can visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Please email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com if you have any further questions or concerns.